Malocclusion is one of the most common dental problems. The anomaly is diagnosed in childhood. Then you can still correct the wrong bite with the help of special devices. In adulthood, surgical correction is usually performed.
Orthodontic arches are an important element of the bracket system. They create pressure on the braces, which promotes tooth movement. Initially, these devices have an anatomically correct shape of the dentition.
The principle of operation of elastic arcs is as follows:
- when installing the arc into the bracket system, it bends and creates tension;
- trying to straighten up, the arc puts pressure on the braces, and those on the teeth.
Depending on what material the bite correction device is made of and what section it has, the arcs are moderately elastic or very rigid. Each type is used at a certain stage of treatment.
The device is an orthodontic structure for correcting abnormal bite, straightening uneven teeth, and treating jaw deformities. With the help of the apparatus, congenital pathological defects of the dentoalveolar apparatus in children are corrected. The design is worn from 3-4 years. This is an analogue of braces, widely used in orthodontics. The action of corrective devices is based on mechanical pressure on the dentition.
The Frenkel device is very different from other orthodontic designs:
- reduced force pressure on the jaw from the lips, cheeks;
- function of chewing muscles is normalized;
- breathing through the nose is stabilized;
- tongue and lips occupy a physiological position, the dentition develops correctly.
To achieve a result, it is necessary to wear orthodontic constructions for as long as the dentist says.